The Democratic Party of Santa Fe County gives notice of its upcoming Ward meetings for the purpose of electing Ward Officers and County Central Committee members, and of its upcoming County meeting for the purpose of electing County Officers and State Central Committee members. The date is also provided below for the State Central Committee Meeting where the State Chair and Vice Chair are elected. If you are interested in reinvigorating the Democratic Party and ensuring that it promotes an inclusive, progressive agenda, the time to get active is now. Ward meetings will be held at various locations between Feb 15-20 (see schedule below). To find out what precinct you are in, click here. Once you have your precinct, you can use the schedule below to find your Ward.
If you want to be involved in revitalizing the Democratic Party at the local level look below at the schedule of elections, arrive 30 minutes early. I am told that in virtually every Ward there are progressive candidates who will identify themselves. These candidates are committed to activating their Ward. Vote for them and whoever they direct you to support as Vice Chair. If enough of you do this, we will retake the Democratic Party, toss out those who have never really done anything to activate their community and the creation of a more authentic democracy will begin.
Registration will begin 30 minutes before meeting times, unless noted otherwise. Please note that the Party is rigorous in enforcing meeting start time with doors locked right at the time for the vote. Lines can be long for registering. It is recommended you arrive right at registration time, then locate where you room is for your Ward and head over 10-15 minutes early. The time date and location of the Ward meetings are as follows:
Wednesday, February 15,. Buffalo Thunder 30 Buffalo Thunder Trail Santa Fe, NM 87506
- Ward 1B Precincts: 5, 23, 40, 59, 60, 61, 87 at (17 CCC Delegates elected). 5:30 PM registration, 6pm vote
- Ward 1A Precincts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 58,79 (12 CCC Delegates elected). 6:00 PM registration 6:30 PM Vote
Thursday, February 16, Nancy Rodriguez Community Center 1 Prairie Dog Loop, Santa Fe, NM 87507
- Ward 2A Precincts: 64, 80 PM (8 CCC Delegates elected), 5pm registration, 5:30pm vote.
- Ward 2C Precincts: 11, 82, 90 (22 CCC Delegates elected), 6 pm registration, 6:30pm vote.
- Ward 3B Precincts: 12, 62, 75 (15 CCC Delegates elected), 6pm registration, 6:30pm vote.
Registration 9 AM Meeting at 10 AM Saturday February 18 Center for Progress & Justice 1420 Cerrillos Rd. Santa Fe (again, long lines can occur)
- Ward 1C Precincts: 6, 7, 8, 10, 22, 28, 30 (32 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 2B Precincts: 24, 31, 32, 33, 34 (26 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 2D Precincts: 66, 67 (13 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 4B Precincts: 37, 51, 54, 55, 77 (30 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 4C Precincts: 41, 42, 43, 52, 53 (21 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 4D Precincts: 9, 36, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 (34 CCC Delegates elected)
Registration 10 AM Meeting 11:00 AM Saturday February 18, Center for Progress & Justice 1420 Cerrillos Rd. Santa Fe
- Ward 1D Precincts: 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 83 (33 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 3A Precincts: 86, 89 (14 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 5B Precincts: 14, 70, 88 (19 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 5C Precincts: 29, 56, 76, 78 (26 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 5D Precincts: 35, 38, 39, 49, 50, 74 (22 CCC Delegates elected)
Sunday February 19 at 12 PM, Edgewood Community Center, 27 E Frontage Rd, Edgewood, NM 87015
- Ward 3C Precincts: 15, 73, 84 (7 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 3E Precincts: 18, 19, 85 (4 CCC Delegates elected)
Sunday, February 19 Registration 3:00pm, Meeting 3:30pm, Performance Space at La Tienda at Eldorado 7 Caliente Rd Santa Fe, NM 87508
- Ward 4A Precincts: 13, 57, 63, 68, 81 (24 CCC Delegates elected)
- Ward 5A Precincts: 65, 69, 71 (30 CCC Delegates elected)
Monday February 20 at 5:30 PM, Galisteo Community Center 39-41 Ave Vieja, Galisteo, NM 87540
Ward 3D Precincts: 16, 17, 72 ( 9 CCC Delegates elected)
Ward Credentials Committees will meet at the time and place of the Ward meetings and challenges must be presented at that time.
The County Central Committee meeting. Saturday March 25, 2017 Registration 9 AM Meeting 10:30 AM. This meeting will elect the County Chair and Vice Chair and 40 State Central Committee Members for a total of 42 SCC members.
CD 1, Ward 3E, will elect 1 SCC Member; and CD3, the remaining Wards, elect 39 SCC members. There will also be consideration of amendments to the Rules of the Democratic Party of Santa Fe County. (Paul–This came from the Democratic Party of Santa Fe. I do not understand how CD1, Ward 3E will elect just one SCC member or how, according to these numbers, Santa Fe would have 42 SCC members and the rest of the state 40. I will seek verification/explanation.)
The State Central Committee will meet Saturday April 29 in Albuquerque. This is where the Party Chair and Vice Chair will be elected.