Whenever contacting the Mayor or a member of the City Council, it is always a good idea to be respectful, to explain that you are a Santa Fe resident and that you vote. Before contacting them, be sure you have your facts correct and speak or write clearly about your reason for contacting him/her offering evidence as to why you have your position.
If contacting a City Council member, it is best to focus on your representatives, not those serving other constituents. I suggest that whenever you are contacting them, you should do so both by phone and by email. If you want to develop a stronger relationship with your Mayor or City Council representative and then have more impact when you contact them, try to get a face-t0-face appointment and then remind him or her that you have met in the past. Essentially, you want your Mayor and City Council representatives to understand that you are well informed and civically active. When you speak at a City Council meeting, be sure to identify who your representatives are. district_and_precinct_map for a map of the City Council Districts.
Below is contact information on all the City Council members and our Mayor.
MAYOR JAVIER GONZALES (505) 955-6590, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renee Villarreal, District 1 Councilor, (505) 955-2345, email@example.com
- Signe I. Lindell, District 1 Councilor, (505) 955-6812, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Maestas, District 2 Councilor, (505) 955-6815, email@example.com
- Peter Ives, District 2 Councilor, (505) 955-6816, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carmichael Dominguez, District 3 Councilor, (505) 955-6814, email@example.com
- Chris Rivera, District 3 Councilor, (505) 955-6818, firstname.lastname@example.org