Whenever contacting the Mayor or a member of the City Council, it is always a good idea to be respectful, to explain that you are a Santa Fe resident and that you vote. Before contacting them, be sure you have your facts correct and speak or write clearly about your reason for contacting him/her offering evidence as to why you have your position.
If contacting a City Council member, it is best to focus on your representatives, not those serving other constituents. I suggest that whenever you are contacting them, you should do so both by phone and by email. If you want to develop a stronger relationship with your Mayor or City Council representative and then have more impact when you contact them, try to get a face-t0-face appointment and then remind him or her that you have met in the past. Essentially, you want your Mayor and City Council representatives to understand that you are well informed and civically active. When you speak at a City Council meeting, be sure to identify who your representatives are.
District 1. Bordered by Cerrillos and Alameda on the South, Osage on the west and capturing everything north and east of those boundaries.
District 2. Bordering District 1 on the South with Alameda and Cerrillos its Northern border with Cerrillos extending to St. Michaels and then with St. Michaels being the Western border extending to St. Francis and then Saint Francis being the southern most west border down to Rodeo Rd.
District 3. Captures everything Northwest of Cerillos beginning at Osage.
District 4 Captures everything Southwest of Cerrillos and St. Michaels to St. Francis on the East, extending down to Rodeo Road.
For a very clear map of the district boundaries, click the link: district_and_precinct_map.
Below is contact information on all the City Council members and our Mayor.
MAYOR JAVIER GONZALES (505) 955-6590, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renee Villarreal, District 1 Councilor, (505) 955-2345, email@example.com
- Signe I. Lindell, District 1 Councilor, (505) 955-6812, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Maestas, District 2 Councilor, (505) 955-6815, email@example.com
- Peter Ives, District 2 Councilor, (505) 955-6816, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carmichael Dominguez, District 3 Councilor, (505) 955-6814, email@example.com
- Chris Rivera, District 3 Councilor, (505) 955-6818, firstname.lastname@example.org