Sunday, April 9th 2-4pm. Let’s come together to give each child in Santa Fe the opportunity to succeed. Nearly 1,000, mostly Hispanic, children are without access to Pre-kindergarten, but we can change that. Pre-K for Santa Fe is fighting to make sure all of our 3 & 4 year olds have the skills they need to be ready to learn when they go to school.
We need your help! To fund Pre-K, there will be a special election on May 2nd asking that you vote YES for a tax on soda and other sugary beverages. Early voting starts April 12th. But the soda industry is spending big money fighting this tax. It’s up to us to make sure this tax gets passed so every child gets a strong foundation for learning.
What we will do:
- We can take action! Sign & distribute Vote YES pledge cards, make calls/emails to invite friends & neighbors to learn more at a special Pro-soda Tax event on April 15th & make signs to promote it.
- We’ll meet on Sunday, April 9 from 2-4 pm at the home of Barbara Shroder 127 Nine Mile Road, Santa Fe (just 8 miles from the Plaza) (See directions below)
- Scientific research shows 90% of a child’s brain development occurs before age five & that Pre-K sparks a child’s creativity and imagination
- Pre-K for Santa Fe will be paid for by a 2 cent per ounce tax on distributors of soda & other sugary beverages
- This will decrease the risk of heart disease, diabetes & obesity, plus create 200 good jobs in early childhood educatio
Directions: Take Old Las Vegas Highway to the second overpass over I-25. It is on the right coming from Harry’s Roadhouse, about 1 1/2 miles past Harry’s. The sign says “Timberwick Road/ Nine Mile Road.” Cross over the highway and follow Nine Mile Road to the left at the T, for 1.2 miles. There is a black mailbox with 127 on the right hand side. My cell is 917.364.1872 and landline 505 780-8941; give me a call if you don’t see a place to park and I will come out and help you find one.
For more details and to RSVP Click Here. Together we can make a difference in the lives of our children.
Hope to see you there,
The Committee for Open House Activism
*a project of Retake Our Democracy