NM Media Outlets
Below you will find submission information for the top ten NM media outlets, followed by a listing of a significant number of smaller local publications (not to be overlooked). Rules change periodically, so it might be a good idea to check with your media outlet to confirm word limits and submission process.
- Albuquerque Journal. 350 words for letter to the editor, 650 words for my view. Letters must include writer’s signature, home address and telephone, and a daytime number. Though addresses and phone numbers are not published, they are needed to confirm authorship prior to publication.
- Santa Fe New Mexican. The link takes you to a form to be used for submitting a letter (150 words) or My View (600 words).
- The Daily Times. The Daily Times covers the Four Corners, including Farmington, Aztec, Bloomfield and the Navajo Nation. Send your 250-word (or less) letter to email@example.com. Have more to say? Write us a Local Voices column at a maximum of 500 words. Columns of local or statewide interest get first consideration.
- The Gallup Independent. Letters may not exceed 500 words. Letters may be edited for space and clarity. The Independent may choose not to print any letter for any reason. Letters may be mailed, delivered in person, faxed or emailed to: Editor, The Independent, P.O. Box 1210, Gallup, NM 87305, fax: 505-722-5750; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roswell Daily Record. The link takes you to a form where you can submit a letter. There were no word limits posted, but email and phone contact info was provided at this link where clarification can be sought.
Silver City Daily Press & Independent. Letters can be mailed to Box 1371, Silver City, NM 88062, or submitted using the form below. Because of space limitations, we prefer short letters on topics of concern to Grant County residents which are less than 250 words in length. Longer submissions may be rejected or considered for publication as a guest column. This is done so that we can publish the maximum number of letters, and everyone has equal access to the letters column.
Hobbs News-Sun. Covering Lea County and southeast New Mexico. For questions regarding letters to the editor in the Hobbs News-Sun, email the editor.
Carlsbad, Artesia and All of Eddy County
Carlsbad Current-Argus. Serving as the local news source for Carlsbad, Artesia, Loving, and all of Eddy County, New Mexico, since 1889. The link above takes you to a page where letters and guest articles can be posted.
Alamogordo Daily News. No guidelines were posted on the paper’s website, but contact information for the editor is: Duane Barbati, Editor. (575) 437-7120 ext.7134. email@example.com
Plus some additional NM Media Outlets
- Las Cruces Sun-News
- Letters must be 300 words or less to be considered for publication.
- Letters must include the writer’s full name, address, ZIP code and phone number for verification purposes.
- Please allow 14 days between letters.