This page will be updated throughout the 2022 Session. The best way to get stay informed is to participate in our weekly Legislative Strategy Huddles:
Legislative Strategy Huddle, Weds, Jan. 26, 6-7 p.m. We’ll have water experts Norm Gaume and Ralph Wrons to discuss the best of the many water bills being considered this session, and Angela Merkert, Alliance for Local Economic Prosperity, to talk about HB75 Public Banking Act. You must register to participate. Click here to register. (See recordings of past Huddles below.)
2022 Bills We Support/Oppose. We will update these through the Feb.2 filing deadline.
House & Senate Committee Rosters. Current contact info for the 2022 Session.
Chronological list of links to 2022 Legislative Alerts, in case you can’t find one.
Get Legislative Action Alerts. Sign up to get Action Alerts during the 2022 Legislative Session.https://retakeourdemocracy.org/2021-list-of-alerts/
Sign up for other advocacy roles, including Constituent Zoom Conversations with your legislators.
How to Advocate from Your Couch. All the rules and how to navigate them.
2021 Legislative Session
- 2021 Legislative Alerts Links to all Legislative Alerts for the 2021 session, most recent first.
- Status Check on All 45 Bills. Updated March 15, end of session..
- 2021 Legislation We Support. A list of the Transformational Bills we tracked and advocated for, in addition to Priority Bills we supported .
- 2021 Hearing Observers sign up at this link. If you’re already signed up, get the online Hearing Observation Form here.
- Committee Secretary Contact Information. To submit documents for distribution at hearings, you must send them to the secretary 24 hours in advance.
- 2021 Legislative Priorities Survey Results. Results of more than 1,100 responses to our 2021 Legislative Priorities Survey.
- Sign Up to Get Legislative Action Alerts. You’ll get email alerts when one of our bills is scheduled for a committee hearing or for a House or Senate floor vote, including links to speaking points and legislator contact info.
- 2021 Legislative Strategy A description of our 2021 Legislative Strategy outlining how you can effectively advocate during the 2021 session.
- 2021 Legislative Advocacy Toolkit. An array of resources and tools to sharpen your personal advocacy, a very useful resource.
- Create a Senate District Advocacy Team. A description of a new Retake strategy, Constituent-Senator Conversations, outlining how you can coordinate a team in you State Senate District.
- Join a Senate District Advocacy Team. The role of a Senate District Advocacy Team member, a very light load. The Advocacy Network meets by Zoom on Fridays, 3:30-4:30, to swap stories and learn new strategies.
- Constituent Zoom Meetings with Senators. The page houses a schedule of Constituent-Senator Zoom Conversations, as well as recordings of some of the Conversations that have been conducted.
- Our 2019 Legislative Report Card. The 2019 Report Card examined how good bills die, most often not by a vote that is public, but rather by Committee Chairs who simply refuse to call bills for hearings, letting them die without a vote. The Report Card focused on a handful of Senators we called Democrats in Name Only, most all of whom were voted out of office in the primaries. The Report Card is an excellent tool for developing your understanding of how the legislature really works.