As we prepare foe 2022, we will begin populating this page with info and resources. Check in periodically to see what is new. The best way to get a jump start on things, is to participate in our Zoom Huddle, Dec 2 (below).
Zoom Legislative Strategy Huddle: Wednesday, Dec. 8, 6pm-7:00pm. We will introduce some of the bills we intend to support and oppose, as well as lay out our our 2022 strategy including how we will identify new bills that are introduced beginning Jan 4. Input, discussion and questions will be encouraged. . This is a VERY important meeting. Much to discuss.
- Click here to register for our first2022 legislative session Strategy Huddle, Dec 8.. You must register to attend.
- Click here to sign up for Alerts.
CLICK HERE TO Sign up to receive Action Alerts about important legislation during the 2022 Legislative Session.
- You can also sign up for other roles in support of our advocacy by clicking here, including participating in LEGISLATOR-Constituent Zoom Conversations before and during the session.
The information below is for the 2021 session. We are in the process of updating this information for the 2022 session. Stay tuned.
2021 Legislative Session
- 2021 Legislative Alerts Links to all Legislative Alerts for the 2021 session, most recent first.
- Status Check on All 45 Bills. Updated March 15, end of session..
- 2021 Legislation We Support. A list of the Transformational Bills we tracked and advocated for, in addition to Priority Bills we supporedt .
- How to Advocate from Your Couch. All the rules and how to navigate them.
- House & Senate Committee Rosters (contact info)
- Committee Secretary Contact Information. To submit documents for distribution at hearings, you must send them to the secretary 24 hours in advance.
- 2021 Legislative Priorities Survey Results. Results of more than 1,100 responses to our 2021 Legislative Priorities Survey.
- Hearing Observers sign up at this link. If you’re already signed up, get the online Hearing Observation Form here.
- Sign Up to Get Legislative Action Alerts. You’ll get email alerts when one of our bills is scheduled for a committee hearing or for a House or Senate floor vote, including links to speaking points and legislator contact info.
- 2021 Legislative Strategy A description of our 2021 Legislative Strategy outlining how you can effectively advocate during the 2021 session.
- 2021 Legislative Advocacy Toolkit. An array of resources and tools to sharpen your personal advocacy, a very useful resource.
- Create a Senate District Advocacy Team. A description of a new Retake strategy, Constituent-Senator Conversations, outlining how you can coordinate a team in you State Senate District.
- Join a Senate District Advocacy Team. The role of a Senate District Advocacy Team member, a very light load. The Advocacy Network meets by Zoom on Fridays, 3:30-4:30, to swap stories and learn new strategies.
- Constituent Zoom Meetings with Senators. The page houses a schedule of Constituent-Senator Zoom Conversations, as well as recordings of some of the Conversations that have been conducted.
- Our 2019 Legislative Report Card. The 2019 Report Card examined how good bills die, most often not by a vote that is public, but rather by Committee Chairs who simply refuse to call bills for hearings, letting them die without a vote. The Report Card focused on a handful of Senators we called Democrats in Name Only, most all of whom were voted out of office in the primaries. The Report Card is an excellent tool for developing your understanding of how the legislature really works.