HB 20 Healthy Workplaces, HJR 1 Permanent Fund, SB 82 Radioactive Waste Consultation TF
Good Evening New Mexico Activists:
We have two new Tuesday hearings and one reminder. Thank you for hanging in there in these final days of the session!
NEW: Tues., March 16, 10 a.m., Senate Judiciary: HB 20 Healthy Workplaces Act. HB 20 was on the Senate Floor for a final vote earlier today and Senator Cervantes requested it be reviewed by his committee, Senate Judiciary. So it was sent back for yet another hearing, even though it already passed Senate Health & Public Affairs and Senate Tax, Business & Transportation! Please email committee members tonight and call them first thing on Tuesday to urge them to pass this bill. No more stalling!
Watch the hearing at nmlegis.gov or follow these instructions to participate in the hearing: (They are no longer publishing deadlines, so there may still be time to register to speak or offer written comments.)
For public participation send an email to SJC@nmlegis.gov with Name, Organization Representing, Bill Number, For or Against and indicate if you wish to speak. If you wish to provide written comments, keep them to 300 words or less. You will be contacted by our Zoom Operator with virtual meeting instructions.
- Joseph Cervantes (D), Chair, 505-397-8820, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill B. O’Neill (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8838, email@example.com
- Cliff R. Pirtle (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4369, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gregory A. Baca (R), 505-986-4877, email@example.com
- Katy M. Duhigg (D), 505-397-8823, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel A. Ivey-Soto (D), 505-397-8830, email@example.com
- Linda M. Lopez (D), 505-397-8833, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Moores (R), 505-986-4856, email@example.com
- Mimi Stewart (D), 505-397-8853, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW: Tues., March 16, 10 a.m., Senate Finance: HJR 1 Permanent Fund for Early Childhood. Held over once again. Get talking points at the link above and please call and email committee members right away to urge them to pass this bill. The deadline to participate has passed, but you can watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov.
Senate Finance Committee (SFC)
- George Munoz (D), Chair, 505-397-8836, email@example.com
- Nancy Rodriguez (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8844, firstname.lastname@example.org
- William E. Sharer (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4381, email@example.com
- William F. Burt (R), 505-986-4366, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete Campos (D), 505-397-8818, email@example.com
- Jacob Candelaria (D), 505-397-8819, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crystal R. Diamond (R), 505-986-4703, email@example.com
- Roberto “Bobby” Gonzales (D), 505-397-8825, Roberto.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Siah Correa Hemphill (D), 505-397-8821, email@example.com
- Jeff Steinborn (D), 505-397-8852, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat Woods (R), 986-4393, email@example.com
REMINDER: Tues., March 16, 8 a.m., House Energy, Environment & Natural Resources: SB 82 Radioactive Waste Consultation Task Force. SB 82 expands the existing task force’s scope to include review of federal license applications for privately operated radioactive material disposal facilities in New Mexico, and evaluation of the public safety, environmental, health, infrastructure, and transportation impacts and requirements of the proposed facilities. This would allow more scrutiny of plans to store spent uranium in NM (Holtec). This is the last hearing for SB 82 before it goes to the House Floor for a final vote. Please email committee members right away to ask them to pass this bill.
Watch the hearing at nmlegis.gov or join the hearing at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88692377623. Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16699009128,,88692377623# or +12532158782,,88692377623# Or Telephone: For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location: US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 886 9237 7623.
- Matthew McQueen (D), Chair, 505-986-4423, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanie A. Stansbury (D), Vice Chair, 505-986-4432, email@example.com
- Christine Chandler (D), 505-986-4242, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meredith A. Dixon (D), 505-986-4210, email@example.com
- Joanne J. Ferrary (D), 505-986-4438, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rod Montoya (R), 505-986-4758, email@example.com
- Kristina Ortez (D), 505-986-4254, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debra M. Sariñana, (D), 505-986-4227, email@example.com
- Larry R. Scott (R), 505-986-4450, firstname.lastname@example.org
- James R.J. Strickler (R), 505-986-4220, email@example.com
- James G. Townsend (R), 505-986-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s all for tonight. Thank you once again for being part of this movement!
In solidarity, gratitude, and hope,
Roxanne and Paul