Community Solar & Sustainable Economy Task Force passed their last committee this morning and are headed to House Floor; Perm. Fund for Early Childhood, Paid Sick Leave, End-of-Life Options, Lower Small Loan Rates all at their last stop before final Floor votes! It is crunch time.
Hello New Mexico Activists:
We’re in the final week and things are moving along! Earlier today, the House State Govt., Elections & Indian Affairs Committee passed SB 84 Community Solar Act and SB 112 Sustainable Economy Task Force. Both of these now head to the House Floor for a final vote! And we have another four transformational bills being heard today and tomorrow that are in their last hearing before heading to a final floor vote. Learn all about them below.
Later today, we’ll sent you an Alert summarizing the remaining bills we support that still have a chance of passing. And we’ll outline our final-week strategy for pushing these bills over the finish line. Stay tuned.
NEW: Sun., March 14, 2 p.m., Senate Finance: HJR 1 Permanent Fund for Early Childhood (3). Get talking points at the link in the bill title and please call and email committee members right away to urge them to pass this bill. This is its last stop before heading to the Senate Floor for a final vote! The deadline to participate in the hearing has passed, but you can watch the webcast at nmlegis.gov.
Senate Finance Committee (SFC)
- George Munoz (D), Chair, 505-397-8836, email@example.com
- Nancy Rodriguez (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8844, firstname.lastname@example.org
- William E. Sharer (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4381, email@example.com
- William F. Burt (R), 505-986-4366, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete Campos (D), 505-397-8818, email@example.com
- Jacob Candelaria (D), 505-397-8819, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crystal R. Diamond (R), 505-986-4703, email@example.com
- Roberto “Bobby” Gonzales (D), 505-397-8825, Roberto.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Siah Correa Hemphill (D), 505-397-8821, email@example.com
- Jeff Steinborn (D), 505-397-8852, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat Woods (R), 986-4393, email@example.com
NEW: Sun., March 14, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Senate Tax, Business & Transportation Committee: HB 20 Healthy Workplaces Act (1). Get talking points at the link in the bill title and please call and email committee members right away to urge them to pass this bill. This is its last stop before heading to the Senate Floor for a final vote! The deadline to participate in the hearing has passed, but you can watch the webcast at nmlegis.gov.
Senate Tax, Business & Transportation Committee (STBTC)
- Benny Shendo, Jr. (D), Chair, 505-397-8849, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Padilla (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8840, email@example.com
- Gay G. Kernan (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4274, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig W. Brandt (R), 505-986-4385, email@example.com
- Ron Griggs (R), 505-986-4391, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrie Hamblen (D), 505-397-8827, email@example.com
- Martin Hickey (D), 505-397-8828, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leo Jaramillo (D), 505-397-8831, email@example.com
- Joshua A. Sanchez (R), 505-986-4375, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Tallman (D), 505-397-8854, email@example.com
- Peter Wirth (D), 505-397-8855, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW: Sun., March 14, 3 p.m., Senate Judiciary: HB 47 Elizabeth Whitefield End-of-Life Options Act (3).
Get talking points at the link in the bill title and please call and email committee members right away to urge them to pass this bill. This is its last stop before heading to the Senate Floor for a final vote! The deadline to participate in the hearing has passed, but you can watch the webcast at nmlegis.gov.
- Joseph Cervantes (D), Chair, 505-397-8820, email@example.com
- Bill B. O’Neill (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8838, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cliff R. Pirtle (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4369, email@example.com
- Gregory A. Baca (R), 505-986-4877, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katy M. Duhigg (D), 505-397-8823, email@example.com
- Daniel A. Ivey-Soto (D), 505-397-8830, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda M. Lopez (D), 505-397-8833, email@example.com
- Mark Moores (R), 505-986-4856, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mimi Stewart (D), 505-397-8853, email@example.com
NEW: Mon., March 15, 11:30 a.m., House Judiciary: SB 66 Permitted Percentage Rates for Loans (3).
Get talking points in the link above and please call and email committee members today and tomorrow morning to urge them to pass this bill. This is its last stop before a final vote on the House Floor!
Watch the webcast at nmlegis.gov. Or go to the hearing at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89543370073. Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16699009128,,89543370073# or +12532158782,,89543370073# Or Telephone: For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location: US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 895 4337 0073.
House Judiciary Committee (HJC)
- Gail Chasey (D), Chair, 505-986-4411, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micaela Lara Cadena (D), Vice Chair, 505-986-4210, email@example.com
- Eliseo Lee Alcon (D), 505-986-4416, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah A. Armstrong (D), 505-986-4344, email@example.com
- Zachary J. Cook (R), 505-986-4221, Zachary.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Egolf, 505-986-4782, email@example.com
- Daymon Ely (D), 505-986-4243, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgene Louis (D), 505-986-4346, email@example.com
- Matthew McQueen (D), 505-986-4423, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Nibert (R), 505-986-4211, email@example.com
- Bill R. Rehm (R), 505-986-4214, firstname.lastname@example.org
- James G. Townsend (R), 505-986-4758, email@example.com
Let’s give it our last best effort and be prepared to celebrate at this time next week!
In solidarity, gratitude, and hope,
Roxanne and Paul