New Hearings Today & Sunday: Local Choice Energy, Paid Sick Leave, Tax Changes, Perm Fund for Early Childhood, Comm. Solar, Sustainable Economy Task Force
Good Morning New Mexico Activists:
We have new hearings to tell you about today and tomorrow. The deadlines for the Senate hearings have passed, but you can watch all of them via webcast at nmlegis.gov. We’re beginning the final week of the session, so we need to give it one last big push to get some of these bills across the finish line! And remember, at this point we’re focusing our energy and contacting only Democratic legislators.
NEW: Sat., March 13, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Senate Tax, Business & Transportation: HB 291 Tax Changes (1st on agenda), SB 83 Local Choice Energy Act (4th on agenda), HB 20 Healthy Workplace Act (10), HB 90 Tax Penalties & Remedies (15th on agenda), HB 98 Omnibus Tax Bill (16th on agenda). Get talking points for SB 83 and HB 20 at the links in the bill titles. And read about tax and revenue reform advocacy at this link where some of the tax bills are also summarized. Please call and email Democratic committee members first thing this morning to urge them to support these bills. This will be a marathon hearing (9 am – 3 pm), so please continue to contact committee members throughout the day. Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov.
Senate Tax, Business & Transportation Committee (STBTC)
- Benny Shendo, Jr. (D), Chair, 505-397-8849, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Padilla (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8840, email@example.com
- Gay G. Kernan (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4274, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig W. Brandt (R), 505-986-4385, email@example.com
- Ron Griggs (R), 505-986-4391, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrie Hamblen (D), 505-397-8827, email@example.com
- Martin Hickey (D), 505-397-8828, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leo Jaramillo (D), 505-397-8831, email@example.com
- Joshua A. Sanchez (R), 505-986-4375, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Tallman (D), 505-397-8854, email@example.com
- Peter Wirth (D), 505-397-8855, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW: Sat., March 13, 1 p.m., Senate Finance: HJR 1 Permanent Fund for Early Childhood (14th on agenda, but this committee moves fast). This is low on the agenda, but it’s possible they could jump around or barrel through and get to it. Get talking points at the link above, and please call and email Democratic committee members this morning to urge them to support this bill. If it passes here, it’s ready for its last vote on the Senate Floor before being sent to the Governor! Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov.
Senate Finance Committee (SFC)
- George Munoz (D), Chair, 505-397-8836, email@example.com
- Nancy Rodriguez (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8844, firstname.lastname@example.org
- William E. Sharer (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4381, email@example.com
- William F. Burt (R), 505-986-4366, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete Campos (D), 505-397-8818, email@example.com
- Jacob Candelaria (D), 505-397-8819, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crystal R. Diamond (R), 505-986-4703, email@example.com
- Roberto “Bobby” Gonzales (D), 505-397-8825, Roberto.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Siah Correa Hemphill (D), 505-397-8821, email@example.com
- Jeff Steinborn (D), 505-397-8852, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat Woods (R), 986-4393, email@example.com
NEW: Sun., March 14, 9 a.m., House State Govt., Elections & Indian Affairs: SB 84 Community Solar Act (1st on agenda) and SB 112 Sustainable Economy Task Force (2nd on agenda). Get talking points for SB 112 at the link in the bill title. Please call and email Democratic committee members today to urge them to support these bills.
Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov or join the webinar at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89283197941. Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16699009128,,89283197941# or +12532158782,,89283197941# Or Telephone: For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location: US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 892 8319 7941.
House State Government, Elections & Indian Affairs Committee (HSEIC)
- Georgene Louis (D), Chair, 505-986-4346, firstname.lastname@example.org
- D. Wonda Johnson (D), Vice Chair, 505-986-4433, email@example.com
- Gail Chasey (D), 505-986-4411, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daymon Ely (D), 505-986-4243, email@example.com
- Doreen Y. Gallegos (D), 505-986-4774, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Nibert (R), 505-986-4211, email@example.com
- Kristina Ortez (D), 505-986-4254, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill R. Rehm (R), 505-986-4214, email@example.com
- Martin R. Zamora (R), 505-986-4211, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful to be doing this work with all of you. Please know that every one of you is appreciated!
In gratitude and solidarity,
Roxanne and Paul