Good Morning, New Mexico Activists:
First, I apologize for the typo in Peter Wirth’s email in yesterday’s Alert. It was probably obvious to most of you that it should be firstname.lastname@example.org (not nmelgis.gov). But we did get a few notes saying the email didn’t work, so we’re sending this correction. If you missed yesterday’s Alert, you’ll find it at this link. We’re asking for quick action on SB 427 Firearm Sales Waiting Period on the Senate Floor, SB 53 Storage of Certain Radioactive Waste in House Judiciary, and SB 11 Paid Family & Medical Leave in House Commerce & Economic Development. You’ll find a chronological list of all the Alerts at this link. And we have one new hearing to tell you about:
NEW: On Tues., March 14, 8:30 a.m., Room 315, House Agriculture, Acequias & Water Resources will hear SB 337 Water Security Planning Act. It’s the only bill on the agenda. SB 337 is the most important water bill this session according to the Middle Rio Grande Water Advocates and NM Water Ambassadors. Please email and call committee members before Tuesday to urge them to vote “YES” on SB 337. You’ll find talking points at the link in the bill title above. This is the last committee stop before it goes to the House Floor for a final vote!
Offer public comment in person or via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85936697460. Or Zoom with one tap mobile: +12532050468, 85936697460# or +12532158782, 85936697460#. Webinar ID: 859 3669 7460. Or you can watch the hearing via Webcast at this link.
House Agriculture, Acequias & Water Resources Committee
- Chair: Susan K. Herrera (D). District 41 (Rio Arriba, Sandoval, Santa Fe & Taos). Room 327, 986-4333. Email: email@example.com
- Vice Chair: Anthony Allison (D). District 4 (San Juan). Room 413C, 986-4436. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ranking Member: Candy Spence Ezzell (R). District 58 (Chaves). Room 203IN, 986-4454. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Gail Armstrong (R). District 49 (Catron, Sierra, Socorro & Valencia). Room 201A, 986-4215. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Kathleen Cates (D). District 44 (Bernalillo & Sandoval). Room 203BN, 986-4254. Email: Kathleen.Cates@nmlegis.gov
- Member: Raymundo Lara (D). District 34 (Doña Ana). Room 134a, 986-4777. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Marian Matthews (D). District 27 (Bernalillo). Room 413B, 986-4438. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Martin R. Zamora (R). District 63 (Curry, DeBaca, Guadalupe, Roosevelt & San Miguel). Room 203EN, 986-4211. Email: email@example.com
Bulk email: “Anthony Allison” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Gail Armstrong” <email@example.com>, “Kathleen Cates” <Kathleen.Cates@nmlegis.gov>, “Candy Spence Ezzell” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Susan K. Herrera” <email@example.com>, “Raymundo Lara” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Marian Matthews” <email@example.com>, “Martin R. Zamora” firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your Sunday! This Session craziness is almost over!
In Gratitude & Solidarity,
Roxanne and Paul