Tuesday PM Hearings – NEW: HB 12 Cannabis Reg. Act and SB 83 Local Choice Energy Act; REMINDER: SB 112 Sustainable Economy and SB 84 Community Solar
Good Morning New Mexico Activists:
I don’t know about you, but Paul and I are definitely feeling the seventh-week strain of this 60-day session! Knowing you’re all out there doing what you can, and hearing from you about how these Alerts are making your activism easier — that’s what keeps us going. Thank you!
We have one new hearing to tell you about today and one reminder:
NEW: Tues., March 9, 1:30 p.m. or 15 mins after floor session ends, Senate Tax, Business & Transportation: HB 12 Cannabis Regulation Act (1) and SB 83 Local Choice Energy Act (4). HB 12 is looking like the only cannabis bills that has a chance of getting through. If it passes this hearing, it goes to Senate Judiciary and then to the Senate Floor. We’re hoping it’s doesn’t get waylaid in Senate Judiciary! Get talking points for both bills at the links above. And please email and call committee members right away to urge them to support these bills.
Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.com. The committee posting asks you to do the following to participate, but they neglected to include a deadline: For Public Participation send an email to SCORC@nmlegis.gov with: Name, Entity Representing, Bill #, For or Against, and email address by date/time/hour. (No date/time/hour was given.) You will be contacted by our Zoom Operator with virtual meeting instructions.
Senate Tax, Business & Transportation Committee (STBTC)
- Benny Shendo, Jr. (D), Chair, 505-397-8849, email@example.com
- Michael Padilla (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8840, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gay G. Kernan (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4274, email@example.com
- Craig W. Brandt (R), 505-986-4385, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Griggs (R), 505-986-4391, email@example.com
- Carrie Hamblen (D), 505-397-8827, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin Hickey (D), 505-397-8828, email@example.com
- Leo Jaramillo (D), 505-397-8831, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua A. Sanchez (R), 505-986-4375, email@example.com
- Bill Tallman (D), 505-397-8854, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Wirth (D), 505-397-8855, email@example.com
REMINDER: Tues., March 9, 8 a.m., House Energy, Environment & Natural Resources: SB 84 Community Solar Act (1) and SB 112 Sustainable Economy Task Force (2). Get talking points for SB 112 at the link in the bill title. PLEASE NOTE: SB 84 was watered down in the Senate last week and we can’t support it in its current form, so we need this House committee to amend the current version before they pass it. Please email and call committee members today to urge them to amend SB 84 and support these bills.
Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov or join the Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88692377623. Or iPhone: US: +16699009128,,88692377623# or +12532158782,,88692377623# Or Telephone: For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 886 9237 7623.
- Matthew McQueen (D), Chair, 505-986-4423, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanie A. Stansbury (D), Vice Chair, 505-986-4336, email@example.com
- Christine Chandler (D), 505-986-4242, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meredith A. Dixon (D), 505-986-4210, email@example.com
- Joanne J. Ferrary (D), 505-986-4438, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rod Montoya (R), 505-986-4758, email@example.com
- Kristina Ortez (D), 505-986-4254, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debra M. Sariñana, (D), 505-986-4227, email@example.com
- Larry R. Scott (R), 505-986-4450, firstname.lastname@example.org
- James R.J. Strickler (R), 505-986-4220, email@example.com
- James G. Townsend (R), 505-986-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s all for today. We’ll send you info about stalled bills soon and tell you what you can do to get these important bills moving!
In solidarity and hope,
Roxanne and Paul