28 hours left in the Session & an important environment bill will be heard in Senate Finance at 1:30 pm today. If it passes, there appear to be the votes on the floor to get it to the Governor. Here’s what you can do to make it happen.
If you get our legislative alerts, you will get more details there, but we need all hands on deck, so we’re sending this to our blog readers.
We Need Your Calls, Emails & If At All Possible Your Presence This Afternoon, Roundhouse Room 322
I got a text at midnight last night from Brittany Fallon of Sierra Club. The text indicated that the Senate Finance Committee would amend HB 217 Electric Vehicle Income Tax Credit to match SB 2, the Senate version, and then hold a hearing on the bill at 1:30 pm today. (Not 10 am as previously posted.(
If HB 217 passes, it goes to the Senate floor, one vote from the Governor’s desk. Senator Smith has indicated he will not take public comment, but will ask for a show of hands pro and con. We need to pack the room. So even if you have never been to the Roundhouse before, this would be a good time to go. We can’t know exactly when the SFC will meet but it will be some time after 1:30.
We also need to jam the phone lines and pour in emails. Please call and email the Senate Finance Committee members below. And while you are at it, we have two other bills needing a vote from SFC to get to the Senate Floor: HB 148 Working Families Tax Credit and HJR 1 Permanent Funds for Early Childhood.
These are critically important bills that are oh so close to getting to the Governor. So, please use the list below to call and email committee members, especially Senator Smith, and strongly encourage them to pass these bills. All you need to say is: “Please pass HB 217 Electric Vehicle Income Tax Credit; HJR 1 Permanent Funds for Early Childhood; and HB 148 Working Family Tax Credit.”
- Dist. 35 – Deming – John Arthur Smith-D, Chair, (505) 986-4365, Rm 325B, email@example.com
- Dist. 4 – Gallup – George K Munoz-D, Vice Chair, (505) 986-4371, Rm 218A, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 2 – Aztec – Steven P Neville-R, Ranking Member, (505) 986-4701, Rm 109C, email@example.com
- Dist. 33 – Alamogordo – William F Burt-R, (505) 986-4366, Rm 415C, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 8 – Las Vegas – Pete Campos-D, (505) 986-4311, Rm 302B, email@example.com
- Dist. 26 – Albuquerque – Jacob R Candelaria-D, (505) 986-4380, Rm 218B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 6 – Ranchos de Taos – Roberto “Bobby” J. Gonzales-D, (505) 986-4362, Rm 218C, email@example.com
- Dist. 42 – Hobbs – Gay G Kernan-R, (505) 986-4274, Rm 415E, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 24 – Santa Fe – Nancy Rodriguez-D, (505) 986-4264, Rm 301A, email@example.com
- Dist. 23 – Albuquerque – Sander Rue-R, (505) 986-4375, Rm 415B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 9 – Corrales – John M Sapien-D, (505) 986-4301, Rm 416G, email@example.com
- Dist. 19 – Albuquerque – James P White-R, (505) 986-4395, Rm 415G, firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the list below to email the whole committee at once, but please paste them into the “bcc” field, putting your own email in the “To” field, to avoid Spam filters: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org