Things are moving VERY fast. There is a change in time for the Senate Finance Committee hearing today & two other important bills being heard this morning, just one vote from a floor vote.
Senate Finance to Meet after 1:30 pm Today, Plus House Tax & Revenue Is Hearing Two Important Bills NOW
We learned at 8:45 a.m. this morning that Senate Finance will meet in Room 322 today, likely between 1:30-4pm (not at 10 a.m. as stated earlier). This is our best shot at getting an electric vehicle tax credit passed in 2020…and it is a very good chance.
In the Senate Finance Committee hearing this afternoon, they will amend HB 217 Electric Vehicle Income Tax Credit to match SB 2 (the Senate version) and then hear the bill. Please show up at 1:30 if you can, but the exact time is impossible to predict. If it passes, it goes to the Senate floor, one vote from the Governor’s desk. Senator Smith has indicated he will not take public comment, but will ask for a show of hands pro and con. We need to pack the room. So even if you have never been to the Roundhouse before, this would be a good time to go.
We also need to jam the phone lines and pour in emails. Please call and email the Senate Finance Committee members below. And while you are at it, we have two other bills needing a vote from SFC: HB 148 Working Families Tax Credit and HJR 1 Permanent Funds for Early Childhood.
These are critically important bills that are oh so close to getting to the Governor. So, please use the list below to call and email, especially Senator Smith, and strongly encourage them to hear and vote for these bills. All you need to say is: “Please hear and approve HB 217 Electric Vehicle Income Tax Credit; HJR 1 Permanent Funds for Early Childhood; and HB 148 Working Family Tax Credit.”
- Dist. 35 – Deming – John Arthur Smith-D, Chair, (505) 986-4365, Rm 325B, email@example.com
- Dist. 4 – Gallup – George K Munoz-D, Vice Chair, (505) 986-4371, Rm 218A, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 2 – Aztec – Steven P Neville-R, Ranking Member, (505) 986-4701, Rm 109C, email@example.com
- Dist. 33 – Alamogordo – William F Burt-R, (505) 986-4366, Rm 415C, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 8 – Las Vegas – Pete Campos-D, (505) 986-4311, Rm 302B, email@example.com
- Dist. 26 – Albuquerque – Jacob R Candelaria-D, (505) 986-4380, Rm 218B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 6 – Ranchos de Taos – Roberto “Bobby” J. Gonzales-D, (505) 986-4362, Rm 218C, email@example.com
- Dist. 42 – Hobbs – Gay G Kernan-R, (505) 986-4274, Rm 415E, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 24 – Santa Fe – Nancy Rodriguez-D, (505) 986-4264, Rm 301A, email@example.com
- Dist. 23 – Albuquerque – Sander Rue-R, (505) 986-4375, Rm 415B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 9 – Corrales – John M Sapien-D, (505) 986-4301, Rm 416G, email@example.com
- Dist. 19 – Albuquerque – James P White-R, (505) 986-4395, Rm 415G, firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the list below to email the whole committee at once, but please paste them into the “bcc” field, putting your own email in the “To” field, to avoid Spam filters: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
House Taxation & Revenue is meeting in Room 317 NOW (begins at 8:30 am.) If you can scramble down there it would be great, or you can call/email the Reps. The committee is going to hear SB 2, the Senate version of the EV Income Tax Credit and HB 248, an important water bill. If you can email the folks below, many look at their emails during hearings. If you can get there, that’s even better.
House Taxation & Revenue Committee
- Dist. 11 – Albuquerque – Javier Martinez-D, Co-Chair, (505) 986-4236, Rm 413E, email@example.com
- Dist. 45 – Santa Fe – Jim R Trujillo-D, Co-Chair, (505) 986-4428, Rm 316B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 20 – Albuquerque – Abbas Akhil-D, (505) 986-4464, Rm 203BN, email@example.com
- Dist. 33 – Micaela Lara Cadena-D, (505) 986-4210, Mesilla, Rm 204B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 43 – Los Alamos – Christine Chandler-D, (505) 986-4226, Rm 203B, email@example.com
- Dist. 47 – Santa Fe – Brian Egolf-D, (505) 986-4782, Rm 104, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 52 – Las Cruces – Doreen Y Gallegos-D (505) 986-4780, Rm 134A, email@example.com
- Dist. 57 – Rio Rancho – Jason C Harper-R, (505) 986-4220, Rm 202B, JasonHarperNM@gmail.com
- Dist. 60 – Rio Rancho – Tim D. Lewis-R, (505) 986-4221, Rm 202A, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 16 – Albuquerque – Antonio Maestas-D, (505)986-4333, Rm 327, email@example.com
- Dist. 1 – Farmington – Rod Montoya-R, (505) 986-4758, Rm 125B, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dist. 62 – Hobbs – Larry R. Scott-R, (505) 986-4450, Rm 203GN, email@example.com
- Dist. 2 – Farmington – James R J Strickler-R, (505) 986-4220, Rm 202B, firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the list below to email the whole committee at once, but please paste them into the “bcc” field, putting your own email in the “To” field, to avoid Spam filters: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, JasonHarperNM@gmail.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org