The post includes an informative video from Sunday’s kick-off. Chainbreaker’s Tomás Rivera describes very clearly our Tale of Two Cities. Also info on today’s City Council action item regarding Ranked Choice Voting and what you can do. And an invitation to the Wall of Love unveiling at the Railyard with music, chocolate & speakers.
Speaking Points and Contact Information
WHAT TO SAY? Speaking / writing points are provided below. It is important to customize your message so you are not clearly reading / writing off of a script. Please both email and call your Councilor and the Mayor today.
- Mention that you live in Santa Fe, maybe tell them for how long and why this is important to you.
- When contacting your Councilor, tell them you live in their district and, if true, that you voted for them.
- Explain that you are calling/emailing today to ask your elected representative to support the implementation of Ranked Choice Voting for our next municipal elections.
- Santa Fe voters approved Ranked Choice Voting in 2008 and nine years is enough time to implement the voters’ will.
- It hasn’t been implemented yet because the adequate voting equipment hasn’t been available.
- Now the equipment is available and it will be ready to run a Ranked Choice Voting election.
- While there had been concerns about the system’s need for a software update, Secretary of State Toulouse Oliver has sent an email to theCity Clerk assuring her that this update will be available in time for the election. This may be the sticking point.
- It will be 10 years since the voters approved Ranked Choice Voting in March. Let’s get this done.
- Thank you!
- Below is contact information on all the City Council members and our Mayor.
Contact Information for the Mayor and City Council Members
MAYOR JAVIER GONZALES (505) 955-6590, email@example.com
- Renee Villarreal, District 1 Councilor, (505) 955-2345, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signe I. Lindell, District 1 Councilor, (505) 955-6812, email@example.com
- Joseph Maestas, District 2 Councilor, (505) 955-6815, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Ives, District 2 Councilor, (505) 955-6816, email@example.com
- Carmichael Dominguez, District 3 Councilor, (505) 955-6814, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Rivera, District 3 Councilor, (505) 955-6818, email@example.com
- Ron Trujillo, District 4 Councilor, (505) 955-6811, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micheal Harris, District 4 Councilor, (505) 955-6817, email@example.com
Learn How Divided Our City Is Economically & Racially. Click here for more on what Equity Summer is and how you can become involved.