Good Morning New Mexico Activists:
First, a couple of important updates since our last Alert:
We were told on Sunday afternoon by Speaker Brian Egolf that the latest Hydrogen Hub bill that we told you about on Saturday, HB 227, will not be heard in House Appropriations & Finance today. However, the committee schedule posted at nmlegis.gov still lists the hearing, but no Zoom link has been given. This whole process has been mystifying, and we’ll try to give you more info when we get it. Please see our Saturday Alert for the original details here.
In the meantime, we encourage you to call and email HAFC members using the talking points in the HB 227 link above and the contact info below. Tell them that the process of introducing HB 227 and giving in a single committee assignment (bypassing House Energy, Environment & Natural Resources) is wrong. We also ask that you call and write to your own Rep. and Senator to tell them you are opposed to hydrogen as an energy source in our state. We need to promote and invest in truly renewable energy, not more fossil-fuel based energy!
House Appropriations & Finance
- Chair: Patricia A. Lundstrom (D). District 9 (McKinley and San Juan). Room 304B, (505) 986-4316. Email: email@example.com
- Vice Chair: Nathan P. Small (D). District 36 (Doña Ana). Room 304C, (505) 986-4319. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Anthony Allison (D). District 4 (San Juan). Room 413C, (505) 986-4436. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Phelps Anderson (DTS). District 66 (Chaves, Lea & Roosevelt). Room 200, (505) 986-4709. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Gail Armstrong (R). District 49 (Catron, Socorro & Valencia). Room 203A, (505) 986-4227. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Cathrynn N. Brown (R). District 55 (Eddy). Room 203A, (505) 986-4227. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Ambrose Castellano (D). District 70 (San Miguel, Santa Fe & Torrance). Room 413E, (505) 986-4236. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Jack Chatfield (R). District 67 (Colfax, Curry, Harding, Quay, Roosevelt, San Miguel and Union). Room 203FN, (505) 986-4467. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Randal S. Crowder (R). District 64 (Curry). Room 201A, (505) 986-4215. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Meredith A. Dixon (D). District 20 (Bernalillo). Room 204B, (505) 986-4210. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Candy Spence Ezzell (R). District 58 (Chaves). Room 203IN, (505) 986-4454. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Harry Garcia (D). District 69 (Bernalillo, Cibola, McKinley, Socorro, San Juan & Valencia). Room 204A, (505) 986-4233. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Dayan Hochman-Vigil (D). District 15 (Bernalillo). Room 413F, (505) 986-4432. Email: email@example.com
- Member: T. Ryan Lane (R). District 3 (San Juan). Room 202A, (505) 986-4221. Email: RYAN@LANEFORLIBERTY.COM
- Member: Raymundo Lara (D). District 34 (Dona Ana). Room 204A, (505) 986-4233. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Debra M. Sariñana (D). District 21 (Bernalillo). Room 413B, (505) 986-4436. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Candie G. Sweetser (D). District 32 (Grant, Hidalgo & Luna). Room 203AN, (505) 986-4255. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Christine Trujillo (D). District 25 (Bernalillo). Room 413A, (505) 986-4435. Email: email@example.com
To send group email, copy and paste this block: “Anthony Allison” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Phelps Anderson” <email@example.com>, “Gail Armstrong” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Cathrynn N. Brown” <email@example.com>, “Ambrose Castellano” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Jack Chatfield” <email@example.com>, “Randal S. Crowder” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Meredith A. Dixon” <email@example.com>, “Candy Spence Ezzell” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Harry Garcia” <email@example.com>, “Dayan Hochman-Vigil” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “T. Ryan Lane” <RYAN@LANEFORLIBERTY.COM>, “Raymundo Lara” <email@example.com>, “Patricia A. Lundstrom” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Debra M. Sariñana” <email@example.com>, “Nathan P. Small” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Candie G. Sweetser” <email@example.com>, “Christine Trujillo” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We also heard on Sunday evening that HB 6 Clean Future Act will not be heard today as scheduled and will be held until Wednesday. We can’t absolutely confirm this because, again, the committee hearing is still posted at nmlegis.gov. We’ll get you more information as soon as we can.
Whether or not HB 227 and HB 6 are heard today, you can learn about those and other hearings scheduled for today and Tuesday in our Saturday Alert at this link, including: SB 8 Voters’ Rights Provisions, SM 1 Paid Family & Medical Leave Task Force, SB 194 Additional Energy Acts Definitions (OPPOSE), and HB 132 Interest Rates for Certain Loans (OPPOSE). You’ll find Zoom links and contact info for these hearings in that Saturday Alert.
We thought you might be wondering what’s happening with ALL the bills we support, so over the weekend we updated their status, including committee votes, on our Bills We Support/Oppose page here.
We wish we could give you more definitive information, but we are passing along everything we know. Thank goodness, there are only 10 days left in this Session!
In Solidarity and Hope,
Roxanne and Paul