New Hearing Today: HB 86 Native American Library, Internet & Education
Good Morning New Mexico Activists:
Just a brief note to tell you about one more hearing today. Please call and email committee members as soon as you can.
Fri., Feb. 26, immediately after Floor Session (no time specified), House Appropriations & Finance: HB 86 Native American Library, Internet & Education. This bill would allocate $95 million to more than 20 pueblos and tribes to renovate, construct, and equip libraries and education centers statewide for Indian nations, and to enable indigenous schools, colleges, and community learning centers to create or improve high speed Internet, curriculum, and other education materials. Get more talking points at the link above, and please call and email committee members this morning to urge them to support this bill. This committee can be a tough one, so it takes some extra effort to get bills passed through.
Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov, or join the webinar at the link below. If you try to tune in and can’t find the hearing, note that it won’t start until the House Floor Session has ended. Webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88133481100. Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16699009128, ,88133481100# or +12532158782,,88133481100# Or Telephone: For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location: US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 881 3348 1100.
House Appropriations & Finance (HAFC)
- Patricia A. Lundstrom (D), Chair, 505-986-4316, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nathan P. Small (D), Vice Chair, 505-986-4319, email@example.com
- Anthony Allison (D), 505-986-4436, Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phelps Anderson (R), 505-986-4450, email@example.com
- Gail Armstrong (R), 505-986-4242, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathrynn N. Brown (R), 505-986-4227, email@example.com
- Ambrose Castellano (D), 505-986-4236, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Chatfield (R), 505-986-4467, email@example.com
- Randal S. Crowder (R), 505-986-4215, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meredith A. Dixon (D), 505-986-4210, email@example.com
- Harry Garcia (D), 505-986-4233, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan K. Herrera (D), 505-986-4249, email@example.com
- Day Hochman-Vigil (D), 505-986-4432, firstname.lastname@example.org
- T. Ryan Lane (R), 505-986-4226, email@example.com
- Raymundo Lara (D), 505-986-4233, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debra M. Sariñana, (D), 505-986-4227, email@example.com
- Candie G. Sweetser (D), 505-986-4255, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Trujillo (D), 505-986-4435, email@example.com
Thank you for your time and commitment to this sometimes grueling process!
In solidarity and hope,
Roxanne and Paul