Food-Hunger-Farm Act, Paid Sick Leave, Min. Wage Increase
Good morning New Mexico Activists:
First, we invite you to a Zoom call with House Speaker Brian Egolf today, Feb. 18 at 4 p.m. You don’t have to be a constituent to participate, although a small team of constituents has already been designated to ask the questions. We will discuss his position on the Green Amendment, Permanent Funds for Early Childhood, the Health Security Plan, State Public Bank, Local Choice Energy, and more. You must pre-register to participate at this link.
Here are the hearings coming up on the transformational bills we support:
Thurs, Feb. 18, 8:30 a.m. House Agriculture & Water Resources: HB 207 Food, Hunger & Farm Act. You’ll find talking points at the link in the bill title. Please call and email committee members right away to urge them to support the bill! Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov, or use this link to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82072641109 Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699009128,,82072641109# or +12532158782,,82072641109# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 820 7264 1109.
House Agriculture & Water Resource Committee (HAGC)
- Derrick J. Lente (D), Chair, 505-986-4341, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan K. Herrera (D), Vice Chair, 505-986-4249, email@example.com
- Anthony Allison (D), 505-986-4436, Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathrynn N. Brown (R), 505-986-4227, email@example.com
- Candy Spence Ezzell (R), 505-986-4454, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day Hochman-Vigil (D), 505-986-4432, email@example.com
- Marian Matthews (D), 505-986-4248, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nathan P. Small (D), 505-986-4319, email@example.com
- Martin R. Zamora (R), 505-986-4211, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW: Sat., Feb. 20, 1 p.m., House Judiciary: HB 20 Healthy Workplaces Act, which creates mandatory paid sick leave for all New Mexico employees. Also on the agenda is HB 124 State Agency Sensitive Info. Get talking points for HB 20 at the link above. We don’t have detailed talking points for HB 124, butit prohibits state agencies from disclosing sensitive personal information such as a person’s status as a recipient of public assistance or as a crime victim, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, immigration status, national origin or religion, and social security number or tax ID number.
Please call and email committee members to urge them to support these bills! Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov, or join the webinar here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89543370073. Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699009128, ,89543370073# or +12532158782,,89543370073# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 895 4337 0073.
House Judiciary Committee (HJC)
- Gail Chasey (D), Chair, 505-986-4411, email@example.com
- Micaela Lara Cadena (D), Vice Chair, 505-986-4210, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eliseo Lee Alcon (D), 505-986-4416, email@example.com
- Deborah A. Armstrong (D), 505-986-4344, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zachary J. Cook (R), 505-986-4221, Zachary.email@example.com
- Brian Egolf, 505-986-4782, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daymon Ely (D), 505-986-4432, email@example.com
- Georgene Louis (D), 505-986-4346, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew McQueen (D), 505-986-4423, email@example.com
- Greg Nibert (R), 505-986-4211, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill R. Rehm (R), 505-986-4214, email@example.com
- James G. Townsend (R), 505-986-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW: Mon., Feb. 22, 1:30 p.m., House Commerce & Economic Development: HB 110 Phased Minimum Wage Increase. HB 110 would accelerate the scheduled raises to the minimum wage. It would also delete federal exclusions for employees working in an executive, administrative, sales, or professional capacity; engaged in educational, charitable, religious, or nonprofit organizations; and paid by piecework, flat-rate schedules, or commissions. HB 110 deletes exclusions to the minimum wage for tipped, food processing, agricultural, and seasonal employees, as well as registered apprentices and trainees. It also deletes the exclusion for those 18 or younger who aren’t students. Watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov, or join the webinar here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83846715600 Or iPhone one-tap : US: +12532158782,,83846715600# or +13462487799,,83846715600# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 Webinar ID: 838 4671 5600
House Commerce and Economic Development Committee (HCEDC)
Thank you for being an advocate. Your efforts are much appreciated!
In solidarity and hope,
Roxanne and Paul