Predatory Lending Rates; Health Security, Public Banking, and more essential legislation
Good Morning Hard-Working Activists:
We have one new hearing to tell you about today: Senate Judiciary will hear SB 66 Permitted Percentage Rates for Loans at 1:30 p.m. Find more info below. And because we’re trying not to repeat ourselves incessantly, you can find info about 3 other hearings today and one on Thursday at this link to yesterday’s Alert.
Also, please note that because the House and Senate floor sessions are starting to get busy, they can delay the start time of the afternoon hearings. If the hearing webcast doesn’t begin on time, you can check the House or Senate Floor Session webcast to see if they’re still in session. A half hour after the floor session is over, they should begin the afternoon hearings.
NEW: Weds., Feb. 17, 1:30 p.m. (or ½ hour after Senate Floor session) Senate Judiciary: SB 66 Permitted Percentage Rates for Loans, first on the agenda. Get talking points at the link above and please call and email committee members first thing this morning to urge them to support this bill. The agenda was posted Tuesday afternoon, so the deadline (24 hrs. prior) to participate in the hearing has now passed, but you can watch the Webcast at nmlegis.gov.
- Joseph Cervantes (D), Chair, 505-397-8820, email@example.com
- Bill B. O’Neill (D), Vice Chair, 505-397-8838, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cliff R. Pirtle (R), Ranking Member, 505-986-4369, email@example.com
- Gregory A. Baca (R), 505-986-4877, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katy M. Duhigg (D), 505-397-8823, email@example.com
- Daniel A. Ivey-Soto (D), 505-397-8830, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda M. Lopez (D), 505-397-8833, email@example.com
- Mark Moores (R), 505-986-4856, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mimi Stewart (D), 505-397-8853, email@example.com
Thank you for being willing to stand up for what you believe in! This is the only way we can achieve social, economic, and environmental justice in our state.
In solidarity and hope,
Roxanne and Paul