Good Evening New Mexico Activists:
If you didn’t catch our earlier Alert today, please go to this link to read about how we can stop HB 229 Hydrogen Hub Development. Now, to the one new hearing tomorrow (as of 6:30 tonight):
NEW! Mon., Feb. 14, 11 a.m., Rm. 321, Senate Judiciary is scheduled to hear HB 132 Interest Rates for Certain Loans, the 36% rate bill. If we can get this 36% rate bill passed this year, it will be a major victory, and something long overdue. Please read the talking points at the link above and email and call committee members first thing in the morning to urge them to support HB 132. We encourage you to participate in the hearing Zoom to offer public comment, take the on-screen poll, and express your support for this bill. HB 132 is 9th on the agenda, so we’re not sure if they’ll get to it, but we hope they do. Time is running out!
(Note: Sen. Stewart uses a Google form for contact instead of email, so you need to contact her separately at the link after her name.)
- Chair: Joseph Cervantes (D). District 31 (Doña Ana). Room 319, (505) 986-4861. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Katy M. Duhigg (D). District 10 (Bernalillo & Sandoval). Room 300B, (505) 986-4726. Email: email@example.com
- Ranking Member: Cliff R. Pirtle (R). District 32 (Chaves, Eddy and Otero). Room 414D, (505) 986-4369. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Gregory A. Baca (R). District 29 (Bernalillo & Valencia). Room 109A, (505) 986-4877. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Daniel A. Ivey-Soto (D). District 15 (Bernalillo). Room 320A, (505) 986-4270. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Linda M. Lopez (D). District 11 (Bernalillo). Room 120A, (505) 986-4737. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Mark Moores (R). District 21 (Bernalillo). Room 109C, (505). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Bill B. O’Neill (D). District 13 (Bernalillo). Room 300D, (505) 986-4260. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Mimi Stewart (D). District 17 (Bernalillo). Room 105A, (505) 986-4734. Email: https://bit.ly/ContactSenStewart
To send group email, copy and paste this block. (Note: Sen. Stewart uses a Google form for contact instead of email, so you need to contact her separately at the link after her name above.): “Gregory A. Baca” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Joseph Cervantes” <email@example.com>, “Katy M. Duhigg” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Daniel A. Ivey-Soto” <email@example.com>, “Linda M. Lopez” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Mark Moores” <email@example.com>, “Bill B. O’Neill” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Cliff R. Pirtle” <email@example.com>
SB 8 Voters’ Rights Provisions is first on the Senate Floor Calendar on Monday, convening at 1 p.m. This is just an FYI, no public comment or other participation allowed. Watch the Senate Floor session via Webcast at nmlegis.gov.
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day! If the ones you love don’t understand your obsession with the legislative session, ask them to support you simply because they love you. Or explain your passion and recruit them to join you!
Roxanne & Paul