Good Afternoon, Everyone:
A quick note about a hearing tomorrow morning that we just saw posted today:
On Weds., Jan. 25, 8:30 a.m., Room 315, House Health & Human Services Committee is scheduled to hear HB 42 Public Health & Climate Resiliency. HB 42 and its companion bill in the Senate, SB 5, would create a statewide Climate & Public Health Program within the state Health Dept. to develop a comprehensive plan of action to build local resilience to climate-generated events that have health implications. Read the fact sheet from Voices for Children here. SB 5, the companion bill, passed in Senate Health & Public Affairs on Monday, with a vote of 6-2 along party lines.
Please contact committee members today if possible. Call and email to urge them to support the bill. We’ve been told that legislators don’t read much of their email during the session, so simply put “Please vote YES on HB 42” in the email subject line. You can do the same in your phone calls. Attend in person to offer public comment or via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84266137922. One tap mobile US: +16699009128, 84266137922# or +17193594580, 84266137922#. Webinar ID: 842 6613 7922. Or watch the hearing via Webcast at this link.
House Health & Human Services
- Chair: Elizabeth “Liz” Thomson (D). District 24 (Bernalillo). Room 314B, 986-4425. Email: email@example.com
- Vice Chair: Pamelya Herndon (D). District 28 (Bernalillo). Room 206B, 986-4248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Kathleen Cates (D). District 44 (Bernalillo & Sandoval). Room 203BN, 986-4254. Email: Kathleen.Cates@nmlegis.gov
- Member: Eleanor Chavez (D). District 26 (Bernalillo). Room 205B, 986-4242. Email: Eleanor.Chavez@nmlegis.gov
- Member: Joanne J. Ferrary (D). District 37 (Doña Ana). Room 314C, 986-4844. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Tara Jaramillo (D). District 38 (Doña Ana, Sierra & Socorro). Room 203AN, 986-4255. Email: Tara.Jaramillo@nmlegis.gov
- Member: Jenifer Jones (R). District 32 (Doña Ana, Hidalgo & Luna). Room 203A, 986-4227. Email: Jenifer.Jones@nmlegis.gov
- Member: Stefani Lord (R). District 22 (Bernalillo & Torrance). Room 203HN, 986-4453. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member: Reena Szczepanski (D). District 47 (Santa Fe). Room 134C, 986-4777. Email: email@example.com
- Member: Harlan Vincent (R). District 56 (Lincoln & Otero). Room 203FN, 986-4467. Email: Harlan.Vincent@nmlegis.gov
Copy and paste this list to send bulk mail: “Kathleen Cates” <Kathleen.Cates@nmlegis.gov>, “Eleanor Chavez” <Eleanor.Chavez@nmlegis.gov>, “Joanne J. Ferrary” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Pamelya Herndon” <email@example.com>, “Tara Jaramillo” <Tara.Jaramillo@nmlegis.gov>, “Jenifer Jones” <Jenifer.Jones@nmlegis.gov>, “Stefani Lord” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Reena Szczepanski” <email@example.com>, “Elizabeth “Liz” Thomson” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Harlan Vincent” Harlan.Vincent@nmlegis.gov
Don’t forget to join us tomorrow, Weds., Jan. 25 at 6 – 7 p.m. for our weekly Huddle. Register here. That’s all for now. No doubt we’ll have more hearings to tell you about tomorrow, once the committee schedules are updated tonight. Let the craziness begin!
In Gratitude & Solidarity,
Roxanne and Paul